Sunday, February 21, 2016

Episode 64: Hey! Listen! #1 Video Games Intro


Welcome to our new podcast series -- Hey! Listen! dedicated to all things geek and gamer-related. In this episode, we introduce ourselves via highlights from our gaming pasts.

A bit more about us: 

BETH: A library associate at the Duxbury Free Library, I have a graduate degree in environmental policy and undergraduate in sociology and journalism. I am a MA resident, avid reader (especially of fantasy, historical fiction, and YA), passionate cook, and amateur painter. My top fandoms are Doctor Who, Supernatural, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Sherlock, and all things Joss Whedon. I am a lifelong gamer, starting with the original Nintendo and continuing with every Nintendo console through the Wii, with a secondary selection of other rotating consoles, and extensive gaming on a Mac. The Xbox One is now my console of choice. I’ve always tended to gravitate more toward RPGs and fantasy-based games, though not exclusively. My least favorite gaming style is turn-based, my most favorite is open-world RPGs.

I also write a book review blog for the library, From Austen to Zusak. Check it out here

MICHAEL: A library associate at the Duxbury Free Library, I have an undergraduate degree in history and archaeology. I’ve lived in Hingham, MA my whole life and also work in the archives of the Hingham Historical Society. I’ve always been an avid gamer from the original NES to my first Gameboy and so on through the years. I’m a massive Nintendo and Playstation II fan but also dabble in other consoles. Currently I primarily play the Xbox360 and PS4. I am also a big MMO fan, having played several over the years including World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, City of Villains, Star Wars Galaxies, and The Old Republic. I’ve always loved fantasy games and sandbox style or open world titles. My favorite console of all time is the N64. Other fandoms include Harry Potter, Magic the Gathering, LoTR, Pokemon, Star Wars, and Studio Ghibli. I love to write, blog, draw, and be outside (contrary to my geeky obsessions!).

I also write a blog for the library, Dive Deep into Music & Movies. Check it out here.

We hope you’ll join us every week for more great geek and gamer-related reminiscing and discussions. And check out the new adult video games we have available to check out at the Duxbury Free library -- including some of the newest and most popular Xbox One and Playstation 4 games!

Check out this episode!


No comments:

Post a Comment